Easy to use. Easy to earn. Easy to redeem.
Your Gold Card will continue to make sending money fast and easy with formless transactions on all qualifying transactions**.
Earn and Redeem Points
Earn one point for every $2 in Western Union transfer fees you pay when you use your Gold Card. The more points you save the higher the reward. All rewards can be loaded right onto your Gold Card — and used immediately!
Upgrade your Gold Card and get MORE
Get even more by upgrading to the Western Union® Gold Card MasterCard® Prepaid Card5 for FREE. With your upgraded MasterCard prepaid card, you get all of benefits described above with the added value of a reloadable debit card.
- Earn points each time you add money to your card with cash at a Western Union® agent location5 and the first time you sign up to direct deposit your paycheck6.
- Get the card without a credit check or bank account.
- Receive one of the most fee-friendly reloadable debit cards today.
- *Certain features of the Western Union Gold Card are only available at Western Union Agent locations equipped with PC computers. The Gold Card is property of Western Union and the Gold Card program may be cancelled without notice. Other restrictions and limitations may apply. See the Western Union® Gold Card Agreement for more details. Rewards subject to change without notice.
- ** Formless transactions are not available for the Direct to Bank service option and money transfers that exceed a certain dollar amount or sent from the U.S. to Cuba.
- 1Service fee reductions apply only to the Western Union® service fee for a single transaction. Western Union reserves the right to offer promotional discounts that cannot be combined with Gold Card service fee reductions.
- 2Phone service provided by Group of Gold Line and not Western Union. For customer service and current rate information call 1-888-520-7924 or visit https://wumt2.westernunion.com/WUCOMWEB/staticGCPage.do?method=load&pagename=rewardsLearnMore. Calls are billed in 1-minute increments and are rounded up to the nearest penny. Phone time rewards expire 90 days after award date. Prepaid minutes expire 365 days after latest recharge. CALLS INITIATED FROM A PAY PHONE ARE SUBJECT TO A SURCHARGE OF 90¢. As of June 1, 2010, the maximum charge per minute for calls within the continental U.S. is 3.5¢. International rates differ according to destination; calls to cellular phones will be billed at higher rates. Rates are subject to applicable taxes and may change without notice. Calls to 700, 900 or certain toll-free numbers or operator-assisted calls may be blocked or charged at a higher rate.
- 3Redemption of a cash back reward will be mailed to you on a Western Union Visa Gift Card through January 2011. After this date, cash back will be fulfilled on a reloadable Gold Card Rewards Prepaid Card, which will be mailed to you or loaded onto your current Western Union prepaid card. A $2.50 per month servicing fee applies after 12 consecutive months of non-use.
- 4The Western Union Gold Card Prepaid MasterCard is issued by MetaBank™ pursuant to a license by MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.
- 5Load transactions (i) that exceed certain dollar amounts or (ii) that implicate certain regulatory issues may be restricted by us as outlined in the individual Cardholder Agreement.
- 6This card is subject to load and account balance limits. If a direct deposit transaction would exceed these limits, the transaction will be denied and you will need to obtain your pay from your employer some other way. Only one employer may send direct deposits to your card. See Cardholder Agreement for details. Direct Deposit feature is subject to your employer's support of direct deposit for payroll. Check with your employer to find out how quickly direct deposit will commence. Funds availability is subject to timing of employer's funding.